Westminster and Constituency Weekly Update from Richard Holden MP.
- BT landlines - After raising concerns about what would happen in a Storm Arwen style situation from myself and other MPs if this was switched off, BT have now paused their full VOIP programme until suitable backup systems can be put in place >>> Read more here.
- Rowlands Family meeting with Roads Minister - As part of my ongoing campaign with John and Karen Rowlands, whose son Andrew was killed in an unroadworthy car driven by someone without insurance or even a driving lesson, I set up a meeting with Baroness Vere the Roads minister in Westminster. We'll keep pushing until we get the law changed >>> Read more here.
- Prime Minister's Points of Light for Crook hero - After jointly recommending Lee, Oscar and Paul for the award, Bishop Auckland MP, Dehenna Davison and I passed on the Prime Minister's award in Crook to the three men who saved the life of a man in a very dark place >>> Read more here.
- 40 years since the start of the Falklands - It is vital that we remember the sacrifice of so many who served in every conflict on our behalf in the defence of freedom >>> Read more here.
- SEND Review Published and Consultation launched - years in the making, enduring young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities get the education that's right for them is vital. The Government has published the review, now have your say >>> Read more here.
Richard: "Thanks, and see you all next week! Also, sign up for and keep a lookout for my monthly newsletter!"