Now that the UK has left the EU and is free to set our own bespoke laws, we are seizing the opportunity to reform different areas with our own bespoke rules that reflect the UK’s unique national identity. Among many measures that were previously impossible, this includes:
1. Reforming the alcohol duty system in a great win for our local pubs and clubs with the Brexit Pubs Guarantee, which means the duty paid on a draught pint in a pub will always be lower than its equivalent in a supermarket
2. Introduction of investment zones for individual regions- one is being proposed right around the corner in Teesside!
3. Tailored rules around digital technology so as to attract investment for our technology firms
4. Exploring partnerships with international medicines regulators meaning our patients can get faster access to medicines and technology
5. Wide-ranging review of VAT for a huge variety of sectors ranging from FinTech to energy to construction
6. Changing the rules around tax relief for the creative industries
Commenting, Richard Holden MP said:
"I can assure you it will not end there, there is so much more to come!
"It is critical that we continue to make the most of it so as to unleash our country’s enormous potential so I will keep banging the drum for this however I can. I want to see Britain, and North West Durham, continue to thrive as a result of Brexit in the years and decades to come."