Richard Holden MP provides his Weekly Update for constituents.
5 key things happened over this last week or so:
1) Inter-Parliamentary Group Global Summit in Indonesia - Richard spent the week as a UK delegate at the Inter-Parliamentary Union in what was an important global summit - speaking up for Ukraine against Russian aggression (https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/richard-holden-mp-speaks-against-…).
2) North East Defence Jobs Question at Defence Questions - Richard asked the Defence Minister about the jobs and investment defence manufacturing is bringing to the North East (https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/richard-holden-mp-bangs-drum-nort…). The Defence Minister responded by saying:
"I had a great day last Thursday [visiting] the hub [...] there is a great history of Defence Manufacturing in the North East and it's going to have an even greater future."
3) Ministerial Visit to Weardale Museum - an extra more than £50,000 for the Museum means an important boost for our local economy in the cultural sector. Levelling Up in action! (https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/ministerial-visit-and-cash-fundin…).
4) Great News for former postmaster Constituent Betty and the other 554 postmasters - as the Chancellor secures their compensation as a result of the historical injustice they faced at the hands of the Post Office's Horizon scandal https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/richard-holden-welcomes-chancello…).
5) Boundary Review - Labour's official submission wants to split up Moorside from Delves, Lanchester and Muggleswick, and get rid of Crook, Tow Law and Weardale. All in order to increase their chance of winning a seat. Please follow this link to have your say (https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/richard-holden-mp-slams-official-…).
And just as an extra, Richard is conducting a poll about smacking, so please let your views be known here: https://www.richardholden.org.uk/news/what-do-you-think-about-smacking-….
"And as always, have a good week!"